Supermarkets invent terms to suit their needs and, as a discerning consumer, it really is your right to challenge nonsense.
The term fresh fish is of course relative. On the high-street, at supermarkets and in city restaurants fresh fish really means days old so, when patiently waiting for your number to be called at the fish-counter, be ready to ask where your fish is from and how many days ago it was likely caught.
At Octane we have therefore made a new, differentiated and entirely transparent definition – Ocean-fresh. Simply put, it means caught, prepared, cooked and eaten same-day. Click here to see how we catch, cook and eat ocean fresh fish. Otherwise why not take peek at some of our gastro campfire cooking recipes:
– Baked wild sea trout and shoreline herbs
– Squid + chorizo with rice, beetroot + apple
– Blood orange seared wild scallops
– Wild clam with shoreline garlic vongole
– Shoreline crab linguine and wild garlic
– Home smoked wild mackerel and homemade pasta with peas
– Blueberry orange muffins
Ocean fresh can be found at Octane.