Pancakes with maple syrup and blueberries, on a wilderness beach with a hot cup of fresh coffee first thing.
A breakfast hard to beat.
– 3 cups whole-wheat flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– ¾ tsp cinnamon
– 6 tsp vegetable oil
– 3 fresh eggs (or 3 tbsp egg powder)
– 3 cups milk, made from powder
– handful of blueberries
- Before setting out, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and egg powder and store in a plastic bag.
- When ready to make pancakes, combine the mix with the oil
- Add milk and stir until mixture is a thick soup like consistency
- Heat a griddle with oil, test heat with a drop of water
- Spoon circles of the mix onto the griddle, fry on one side until bubbles form
- Flip pancakes and cook for about half the time on the second side
- Add berries to the mix as an optional extra and top with maple syrup
Sieve icing sugar over pancakes