After a day catching lobster for the pot this simple campfire pudding almost cooks itself and, for entertainment value, these babies are bulletproof.
Don’t beat yourself up over the instant nature of this pudding — after all it’s not often one gets to bake cakes around the campfire.
– Muffin mix
– Four empty half orange skins
- Squeeze four oranges, keep peeled halves and put juice aside for breakfast
- Fill one emptied orange half with blueberry muffin mix
- Cover the filled orange half with the empty half and wrap in three layers of foil
- Place on hot embers
- Turn aluminum balls every minute, baking may take 10 minutes
- Check one after 8 minutes, return to heat until firm at the centre
When these blueberry orange muffins are ready they will emerge from the campfire like victorious steamed puddings that have just been Tangoed.
Unwrap and eat with a spoon.